Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!  

This has been a long time coming, but I am finally here ready to share my current research, interests in genealogy and connecting with others that share my passion.  

My hope is that what I share will resonate with you making you more interested, and maybe even more excited about your own family heritage...if thats possible?...lol.

First things first....let me introduce myself.  I have been in love with family history for as long as I can remember.  It seemed natural to always want to lean in on conversations with older generations and understand how they lived, what they experienced, and how they came through those experiences.  However, it was the fascination of a military Silver Cross medal, and untold stories from Ireland that really fuelled my spirit of research.  Stay tuned for future postings on my findings!

From Ontario, my focus in research is Canada, Ireland, Scotland and England, along with family surnames of Armstrong, Barker, Breen and Stapley.  I am a graduate of the University of Windsor with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, and currently I am working on my Canadian Certificate for Genealogical Studies at the International Institute for Genealogical Studies.

I am a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG), and the Ontario Genealogical Society Essex Branch (Cemetery Team), Simcoe Branch, SIGS.  In addition, I am a member of the Windsor Veterans Memorial Services Committee, Canadian Vietnam Veterans Memorial Association, and the Royal Canadian Legion.  

When I am not researching or volunteering I listen to an eclectic list of music, love being in the outdoors, sharing conversation with like minded friends, and believe it or not I am a huge fan of football and soccer.  Yup a professional soccer mom of 10 plus years, and counting.    

Now that you know a little about me, I would love to hear your feedback on my upcoming posts.  Please share your thoughts, as well as your research challenges.  Maybe we can collaborate together breaking down brick walls?  

In the meantime, I am so glad you are engaged and I trust that my future posts will continue to interest you.  I am truly so happy to finally be here, and ready to share some of my research and stories with you so stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Good for you C.J.! We have established that we aren’t related through our married Scott names. I also have a grandmother that was Irish and I’m still struggling with finding ancestors from across the pond. I’m French Canadian and Marty and I certainly share some ancestors. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. I hope that some of my journey in research will help in some way for your Irish research as well.

      Delete
  2. Morning from Walkerville - dhutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking in David! Stay tuned for other posts.

      Delete
  3. Good for you Carrie! I share the same passion about family history. We should connect at some point. Deanna Huff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna. Good to hear from you. Absolutely reach out on FB or Twitter.

      Delete
  4. What an amazing journey you are on. Proud of you and can't wait to hear about your discoveries. I love family history ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been an amazing journey. Thank you so much for your encouragement. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Just read your second blog about your Nana. It’s a wonderful story and shows how with some information that you can expand it into a true glimpse into a life. Well done! I’m hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! Context along with documents really do paint a picture.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining in the conversation and offering your opinions and comments on Full Circle. This blog welcomes all thoughts that are respectful, and courteous of others. Any comments that do not reflect this will be removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Your Story

Connection

Letters from The Trenches